10/7/08

The Things Nobody Tells You ...

Warning this is a little gross...
Well tonight Sydney fed herself spaghetti o's for dinner. Anticipating the big mess I stripped her down to a diaper during feeding time. After she was done we immediately went to the bath tub. When we got there she decided to rub her messy hands all over me and the floor. After that I went to take off her diaper and put her in the tub when I got a little surprise. Apparently she had pooped and I didn't know because when the diaper came off poop fell on my bathroom floor! So I had a bathroom floor covered with spaghetti o's and poop. While I was trying to clean that up she proceeded to rub down the toilet with her messy hands.

When she finally made it in the tub she proceeded to try and eat the left over o's that were stuck on her and now floating in the tub.

I don't know why I felt the need to share this story but it is one of those things nobody tells you. The lesson of the day is always thoroughly check the diaper before taking it off. :)

3 comments:

Kir said...

It might also be a good idea to have some baby wipes, or a wet washcloth at the table to wipe her hands and face before you take her away from the table. :-) Have you had the joy of having her poop in the tub yet?

Nesrsta's said...

I am right there with you!! I love it. Bryant actually filled his highchair with poop.

Oren Family said...

Oh yes she has pooped in the tub a few times and then tried to pick it up! So great.