12/11/08

Snow Day!!!

The strangest thing happened today in Louisiana...It Snowed!!! They were saying yesterday that there was a small chance we could see some but nobody believed them because this is the South. This morning we woke up to a little snow, just enough to cover everything and make it pretty. Of course with this being an oddity here most of the schools were closed and things seemed to "shut down".

The weather has been so crazy this week, Tuesday we had a huge storm roll through that brought so much rain it was literally a foot or two deep in certain places. If I would not have driven Nathan's truck I would have been stuck for sure.

Sydney checking herself out

Getting ready to lick the snow!
Warm and Cozy
It had already begun to melt and rain when we got out there so Sydney did not get to play in it. :(

Can you believe this is the most "SNOW" Southwest Louisiana has gotten since 1989???

Sorry the pics are so big, but I am too lazy to change the size and wait for them to upload again. :)

No comments: