6/15/09
Goodbye Old Friend
Today we took Henry to the vet to be put to sleep. This is something we have been discussing for a while and finally decided to because his intestinal issues were getting worse and he was down to a little over seventeen pounds. Even eating puppy food for two he was still losing weight. We felt it was the only thing that we could do for him. He will be dearly missed. Everyone took a turn to say goodbye, even Syd blew him a kiss and said "Bye puppy." He was a wonderful dog that gave a lot of love for the three years he was with us. Nathan took him inside and stayed with him through the procedure so that he wasn't alone in the end. We took him to Nathan's parents house where Nathan buried him with two other dogs that he had growing up. It's nice to know that even in death Henry is with family. We love you buddy, and hope you're in a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gina I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how hard it is losing a pet. I will keep you all in my thoughts....
Oh Gina (and Nate & Sydney) I'm sorry. I hate that he just wasn't getting better, poor little guy. I had been thinking about him & his health recently...
Meanwhile I'm a blubbering mess right now... :(
I am so sorry Gina I know how hard that must have been. I am tearing up just thinking about it. Miss yall
Post a Comment