Yesterday the girls and I met for lunch at a cute little soup and sandwich place in Leesville. Sydney was sitting in the high chair chowing down on a cracker when I looked over and she wasn't making any noise and was turning very red. Apparently she had tried to eat half of the cracker at once and was choking on it. I patted her back and got the piece out with my finger and everything was fine.
The thing that surprised me was how quick the whole thing happened, and to my surprise my heart didn't jump. I always considered myself a panicky person but anyone watching would have thought it was an every day occurrence with how I responded and how quickly we got the piece out. It is good to know that in situations like these I don't freak out, but I hope I don't get any more practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment