8/29/08

Gustav

If you watch the news you should know that there is a Tropical Storm brewing that is expected to become a Category 2 or 3 Hurricane. If you were curious yes we will most likely be affected some how. Depending on where it makes landfall we could have minimal rain to hurricane force winds and rain.

Personally I am getting a little nervous, but since we lived through one (Rita in 2005), then we can make it through another. I have discussed it with Nathan and so far he wants us to stay put. Sydney and I are going to hunker down with April and her family until it is over and power has been restored. We are expecting to be without power for at least three days (going off what happened with Rita). If anyone back home would like to track Gustav you can click on the link at below. I will have the cell phone charged and ready if anyone needs to call.

We went out this morning and bought lots of food and water for Syd and I and are prepared for the storm so far. The only thing that is going to suck is the heat. We do have small pools that we will try to get up so we can keep cool and Syd happy. Keep us in your thoughts.

I knew something like this was going to happen this summer because it was our first and last summer in Louisiana. Boy will I be glad when we get back to earthquake country. :)

No comments: