Anyone who knows me well can tell you that if I scratch myself it becomes a large red welt. My roommate and I self diagnosed this condition in hygiene school. It was neat to learn the condition had a name, dermographia or wheal.
When I was younger I used to write little messages to my friends on my arm's or legs that you could see after the reaction took place. It was always something in the back of my mind, especially on my wedding day. I tried so hard not to scratch because I didn't want to look funny for my pictures.
Well, I got a call from my Mom last night telling me about a story on a local news channel. It was about a woman with the exact same condition, but unlike me she is profiting from it. She is using her own body as a canvas and then taking pictures of her creations. It sounds strange but to me it sounds like a great way to earn a little extra cash. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment