First of all I don't want everyone to think that I run Sydney to the ER every time she gets sick. When you are in the Army (or at least Ft. Polk) you can never get into the doctor, the only option they give you is the ER if you want to be seen.
Well, Sydney has had a 102-104 degree fever since Monday, she wasn't eating, and barley drinking. Last night the fever got high again and the advice nurse told me to bring her in. When we got to the ER her fever had spiked to 105 degrees. I think we all were a little alarmed by that. They brought us right back and started a variety of fun tests. They took a chest X-ray, sucked snot out of her nose for an RSV test, took blood, gave her an IV to give her some fluids, and basically did everything they could to tick her off. All of the tests came back negative so the only explanation they gave me was an ear infection and teething combo, even though they said that wouldn't cause the fever to be that high. I don't know what caused it but it sure wasn't over yet.
When we got home I gave her the first dose of antibiotics like they told me too and about 30 min. later she had threw it up all over her crib. I went to get her and then she threw the rest of it up all over Mommy. Motherhood is such a joy isn't it. :) I finally got her to sleep, but when she woke up in the morning she could still not keep anything down and her fever was rising. It took hours until she could even hold water down. I was starting to get worried and the advice nurse (Tracy, a very nice person) was trying to help us out. She finally ate and drank without getting sick. So far all is well. Her fever still comes back when the Motrin/Tylenol wears off but I am hoping that it ends soon.
All in all our experience was much better this time then in the past. I want to thank April for going with me because without her I think I might have gone nuts. It is hard to watch your child hurting, especially when I was the one holding her down.
We also want to tell Aiden that we hope he feels better soon too. It seems he may have the mystery illness too. Good Luck Krystin!
Sorry this is so long, but part of this is to inform everyone who cares and the other part is so Mommy can vent and get things off her chest. Thanks!
Pics from ER with April's phone:
Starting to get better:






No comments:
Post a Comment