8/29/08

Gustav Freaks Us Out

Well this afternoon while I was watching Oprah a news bulletin scrolled across the bottom of the screen saying that Beauregard Perish had a voluntary evacuation in place. Well in case you don't know that is where we live. Seeing that freaked me out and I think Syd responded to that because she was really fussy and clingy the rest of the night.

In light of that we have decided to evacuate and go spend time with our friends Mike and Michelle in Houston. If for some reason it goes towards Houston then we will be together and evacuate there too. I just want Sydney and I both to be safe. I may be a chicken, but I don't care. I am also a very whiny person and being without power for a few days is no fun. Hopefully we are doing the right thing. Please keep everyone in the Gulf Coast in your thoughts.

One of the things I wanted to do before we left was to put Nate's truck in the garage. That was definitely a tight fit. It is in there with only a quarter of an inch to spare, we even had to take the hitch cover off to make more room. Our neighbor Randy came down to help me move it in. All we have to do is move a few more things inside and then we are on our way out. We should be gone by early Sat. afternoon. Wish us Luck!

1 comment:

Krystin said...

You're not a chicken, you're just a great Mommy who wants to keep her baby safe! We'll be praying everything goes well and we'll see you soon! Also, GREAT job getting the truck in the garage!!