8/30/08

We Made It

Thought I would let everyone know that we made it to the Houston area earlier this evening. It took us about five hours, normally it is only a three hour drive. Sydney was as well behaved as she could be, but it does get hard being cooped up that long.

The one thing that I have to vent about is why and the heck would they bring I-10, a major Interstate down to only one lane. It took over an hour to go about a mile and a half. That really ticked both Syd and I off. Between rush hour traffic and people evacuating for the hurricane it was horrible. Of course you also had those idiots who think they can drive in the lane that is ending up until the last possible second.

OK sorry about that, but I needed to get that off my chest. We will keep everyone posted on how we are doing. Keep us and my house in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Sara said...

When you go back, don't take that route. Mark and I figured out that it takes longer and the traffic is fickle. Take 59N to 190E in Conroe. 190E takes you all the way into de ridder 1 mile south of your house. Trust me, I drove it every weekend. It goes thru some country towns, but I've never once experienced a traffic problem. I wish I had been able to direct you to an easier way.

Oren Family said...

Thanks sara!